Dear Moms of Girls,
You emailed me, you messaged me on Facebook, and you replied to my newsletter with the same request:
“Will you write an updated post about mom and daughter conferences?”
I heard you (yeah, you, Kaitlin, Kimi, Mary Jo, Hannah, and others) and therefore, back by popular demand, here are ten conferences for mothers and daughters for the remaining 2016 and upcoming 2017 year.
If you have attended any of the mother and daughter events listed below, please chime in about your experience. If you know of any other events we should add to our growing list, let me know!
1. TEAM Grace Retreat. One day conference for moms and daughters with a carnival theme featuring keynote speaker, Lynn Cowell of Proverbs 31, fourteen-year-old worship leader, Avery Logan, photo booth, interactive breakout sessions, and loads of swag.
Date and location: October 22nd 2016. Austin, Texas.
2. Daring Daughters. Ann Dunagan author of Mission-Minded Family, rallies women and tween/teen girls with ministry leaders from across the globe. Conference includes: keynote speakers, worship, corporate prayer, workshops, discussion times, leadership interviews, and testimonies.
Date and location: February 10-12, 2017. Orlando, Florida.
3. Right in the Middle. A mini-conference for moms with daughters grades 5th-7th based on Michelle Icard’s book, Middle School Makeover. Topics include social media tips, friends and frenemies, expert Q and A, media matters, and all things middle school related.
Date and location: March 26, 2017 and September 10, 2017 (Two separate conferences). Charlotte, North Carolina. *Registration opens October 2016.
4. Heart to Heart: Mother Daughter Retreat. Speaker Amy Anderson leads a weekend in which moms and daughters grow together with God.
Date and location: March 31-April 2, 2017. Westboro, Wisconsin. *One day option available.
5. Mother and Daughter Retreat. Games, crafts, photo booth, special one-on-one time with mom, worship, music, breakout sessions.
Date and location: April 27-30, 2017. Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.
6. Mother and Teen Daughter Retreat. Fun, fellowship, faith formation. Mini-sessions on Catholic faith. Time spent with Carmelite Sisters.
Date and location: June 19-22, 2017 at the Sacred Heart Retreat House in Alhambra, California.
Date and location: June 25th and 26th. Mackinac Island, Michigan.
8. 48th Annual GEMS Girls’ Clubs Leadership Conference. The theme of this year’s conference is In His Steps. Workshops on fashion/color analysis, personal growth, walking in the steps of Jesus, fitness, your spiritual life, and more. Also included are interactive booths, inflatable games, and fair-like food stations.
Date and location: July 27-30, 2017. Sioux Center, Iowa.
Conferences With Multiple Dates and Locations
9. Polished Conference. Led by Christian recording artist, Emma Danzey and author Debbie Presnell, these conferences are held nationwide. Polished ministry options include conferences, events, retreats, and nights of inspiration.
10. Secret Keeper Girl. Secret Keeper Girl events are designed for tween girls ages 8-12. Girls younger than eight will enjoy the event, but some teaching elements might be over their head.
Date and location: Multiple conference locations and dates Check here for site near you.
: : :
Let’s stay connected! Find me on your favorite social media channel. Instagram (my fave place to hang!), FB, Twitter, or Pinterest, and don’t forget to sign-up for my newsletter with all of the lastest news and writerly happenings.
Are you with us? Join over 100 other women in #GutsyGirlsRead online book club. We are interested in finding well-written books for girls ages toddler to teen. Next week we will discuss September’s book.